Friday 29 November 2013

More delays

I am now ranking this building process as being in the top 5 most distressing experiences I have been through in my life. Everytime we allow ourselves to feel a little bit relaxed or excited about our new house, some problem rears it's ugly head and those feelings get replaced with stress and anxiety. The thought of the house now just makes me cry and my husband doesn't want to discuss the house as he says he no longer cares about it.
Yesterday we found out we will have to wait approximately 2 months to get our old house demolished bringing us to January and a start date for the builders of at least February. It seems the rain has caused major backlogs for the demo company. Our builders were supposed to be organizing the demo and had told us the demolition would take place before Xmas. I rang the demo company and it was them who told me they couldn't do it for a while. The builder hadn't even spoken to them. Now the builder is telling us it might be quicker if we arrange our own demolition and if we can and they will credit us the cost. They should be trying to find another demo company, not me. Talk about leaving you high and dry.

The lease runs out on our rental in February and our new house probably won't have started. We found out after we signed the lease that our rental house is being demolished also so the owner probably won't renew the lease, despite the agent telling us before we signed that there would be no problem renewing. So looks like we will have to pack up and move again. We could have still been comfortably living in our old house all this time and saving thousands on rent.

Maybe I should have been happy with what I had instead of chasing the dream if bigger and better material possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment